Monday, June 25, 2012

Ellen Hansdatter Christopherson (1822 - 1899) - Find A Grave Memorial

Ellen Hansdatter Christopherson (1822 - 1899) - Find A Grave Memorial

Click above to see the new memorial I created on www.findagrave.com for my ggg-grandmother -- Ellen Hansdatter, also known as Ellen Christopherson in the U.S.A.  I am a first generation American, but I discovered a few years ago that I had a ggg-grandmother who had converted to Mormonism and come to the U.S. (as well as three of her children). Her other children remained in Norway -- one of them was my gg-grandmother.  My line in Norway stayed Lutheran, and I never knew I had any relationship to Mormons in my family, so this was very interesting.  This story is an example of why genealogy is so fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment